Family-Based Immigration

See How We Can Help With Your Family-Based Immigration Needs

U.S. immigration law carves out specific pathways for foreign-born individuals to pursue immigrant visas to live in the United States. There are many reasons to pursue permanent residence or United States citizenship and every case is different.  Farmer, Farmer & Brown offers immigration services to guide and help individuals and families down a path toward permanent residence (“Green Card”) and/or United States citizenship. In order to protect your family members, you must follow the necessary steps to bring them into the United States. There are avenues for family-based immigration, but if you make an error, your family member may not be able to enter the U.S. or if they do they may face removal or deportation.

Our immigration law firm helps clients with family-based Green Card petitions such as:

  • Sponsorship of Immediate Relatives
  • Family-Based First Preference (FB1, or the unmarried, over-21 sons and daughters of US citizens)
  • Spouses and minor children of Permanent Residents (F2A)
  • Unmarried sons and daughters (21 years of age or older) of Permanent Residents (F2B)
  • Family-Based Third Preference (FB3, or the married, over-21 sons and daughters of US citizens)
  • Family-Based Fourth Preference (FB4, or the brothers and sisters of US citizens)

These are the most commonly used types of petitions for people seeking to live indefinitely in the U.S.   A successful family-based petition can:

  1. Allow them to obtain an employment authorization document (EAD), which gives them the authority to work in the United States.
  2. Allow your family member to obtain a green card, which makes them lawful permanent residents (LPRs)

If you need representation in family-based immigration matters, call us to schedule a consultation.